Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thoughts: Funimation's February-March Releases

Funimation recently released their list of releases for February and March of next year. Overall, it looks like a slaughter of epic proportions. I fear for my wallet's safety. It has a high number of high profile and huge properties coming out. For the full list, visit this link (February) and this link (March). That being said, here's what I fully intend to pick up.

It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyways because that's how I roll. I will be purchasing the blu-ray of Mamoru Hosoda's Summer Wars on February 15th. In addition to that, I will be picking up Initial D Stage Two Complete Collection due for release on February 1st. As for potential purchases, I am thinking about the Fooly Cooly/FLCL Blu-Ray Collection on February 8th and the Ga-Rei Zero Complete Collection Blu-Ray on February 22nd, as to which version, depends on what comes with the Limited Edition.

Moving onward to March now, a huge slate of releases and highly unusual as well from Funimation. First off, much like Mamoru Hosoda's Summer Wars, March brings another huge and highly anticipated release. That being Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance on Blu-Ray on March 29th. Also being released that day is the fourth and penultimate part to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Now that is some exciting stuff. In additional to those releases, I will be picking up the Blu-Ray of the first Eden of the East movie, King of Eden on March 22nd. As for potential purchases, I am considering the Yu Yu Hakusho Season One Blu-Ray on March 29th. It pretty much depends on if they are the remastered episodes from Japan or one of Funimation's hack-jobs. Time will tell on this one.

It's going to be a busy couple of months for Funimation and a costly one for myself. It's so totally worth it however, as its knocking out a significant portion of my "looking forward to" list. That's always a good thing. After suffering a Funimation drought for months on end, they finally and really bite my wallet good. At least I'll still have Christmas and then birthday money to pay for all this stuff.

- tgwIV

No comments:

Post a Comment