Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Best North American Anime Release of 2010

Aria the Origination + Arietta Complete Collection (Nozomi Entertainment)
Official Aria the Anime Website

This year has been interesting in terms of releases and the numerous series being piled on-top of us like no tomorrow. Although no matter how hard I try, I always go back to this one in particular. It was absolutely no contest for me as to my favorite release of the year and easily my favorite series released this year. From its humble beginnings in Animation, where the characters and their personalities and goals are beautifully set up and begin to explore the world of Neo Venezia. To Natural, where they continue to flush out the intricacies of Neo Venezia. We then come to Origination and Arietta, where it all begins and must end. It's a journey I will never forget and one I will always cherish.

On top of being a magical and beautiful anime experience, Nozomi Entertainment has put together superb packaging and extras for this series and truly does it justice that is rightfully deserved. From superb boxes to excellent informational booklets, to not putting six or seven episodes on one disc like everyone else. You really can't get any better than this. That's why I've named it, out of over a hundred releases this year, my pick for "Best North American Anime Release of 2010." Do yourself a favor and pick up this beautiful and wonderful anime series in its entirety.

Pick up all of Aria today at RightStuf.com;
Aria the Animation (Season 1) Complete Collection
Aria the Natural (Season 2), Part 1
Aria the Natural (Season 2), Part 2
Aria the Origination (Season 3) + Arietta (Prequel OVA) Complete Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment