Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Several Notes: Disaster, Reviews and the Future of The Golden Waste...

First Note:
Yes, it is true. I write anime reviews. Although there are no recent ones due to my health problems. I have not moved into manga reviews for the simple fact that it is difficult for me to convey the proper words about certain manga series plus there is the fact I simply do not read much much manga. Anyway, you can find a list of reviews I have done at Anime-Planet under the official/my account. Here is a list. TheGoldenWaste's Anime Reviews via Anime-Planet.

Second Note:

As most of the internet knows by now, there was catastrophic earthquake-tsunami in Japan almost a week ago. Thousands are dead, injured and missing. Donations have not been stellar for the pivotal first four days compared to other natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast of the United States or Haitian earthquake. I urge everyone to donate to Doctor's Without Borders. I have continually donated to them in the past and they are a superb charity through and through. Here is a really good fundraising effort set up by All About Manga's Daniella Orihuela-Gruber (her website is allaboutmanga.net); Anime and Manga Bloggers for Doctor's Without Borders. Please help out Japan, they need it.

Third and Final Note:

Due to uncertain health issues, I may not be blogging much anymore. I will continue to be on Twitter, Anime-Planet (I will be rolling out more reviews soon I hope!) and I will still be open to pod casts (although I am shy as hell) so no worries I will still be around and as active as ever. I simply do not have much time for it anymore with my health in doubt and so many other factors which include my general declining interest in anime and manga. I will keep the blog open and continue to update my purchasing and favorite list pages. Beyond that, no plans for anything complex or complicated.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment